Event decorations are like the cherry on top in your venue. It adds a sweet visual appeal that will tie your entire setup together, which will further enhance your attendees’ experience. And if you’re looking for some ideas, this post is definitely for you!
Here, we listed some of the most stunning event decorating that many event planners swear by. See which matches your event best!
10 Unique Event Decoration Ideas
Decor for events is more than just the banners and streamers, you can also consider the following:
1. Dynamic lighting installations
Lighting plays a big role in setting the mood of your event. Instead of just sticking to traditional static lighting, why not use dynamic lighting installations as decorations?
With these installations, you can create a visually stunning experience for your guests. For example, you can get lighting rentals that change colors and patterns that match your theme. You can use this to decorate bare walls, ceilings, and other plain areas of your venue.
Another great option is to use uplighting as a decoration for events. You can use it to accentuate architectural features, set the ambiance, and create color transitions throughout your venue. In fact, uplighting can also be used to transform unsightly walls into colorful surfaces.
2. Dynamic backdrops
Why settle for printed banners if you can use dynamic backdrops for your event? Aside from being an eye-catching décor, you can also use this backdrop to display branding materials.
You can get an LED screen rental for a dynamic backdrop, especially for outdoor events. It remains visible even under direct sunlight and it can be customized based on your needs.
Overall, LED walls are very versatile. You can use it for step-and-repeat, stage backdrop, showing live social media feeds, and so on. The best thing is you can show a variety of content as you wish.
Aside from that, you can also explore other visuals like projector rentals. If you like, you can opt for projection mapping, which will turn an entire space into a colorful visual spectacle.
3. Elegant fabrics
Does your venue have ugly and bare walls? Instead of hiding it with all sorts of unnecessary decorations, you can simply cover it with pipe and drape.
The pipe and drape are made up of steel bases where the fabrics or curtains hang. You can choose from a variety of fabric types like silk, velvet, polyester, and more. If you prefer a custom color and height, our team at Rent For Event can provide it for you, with all the drapes guaranteed to be fire-retardant.
Aside from that, you can also pair pipe and drape with uplighting to enhance its visual appeal. So aside from being a décor, this solution also helps you accentuate your entire venue.
Overall, pipe and drape is a popular wedding and corporate event décor. But regardless of the event you’re hosting, this would be a great decoration idea.
4. Food displays
Who doesn’t like food, right? Of all the event decorating ideas, food is probably the most attractive for attendees. This can also create a focal point in your venue, not to mention that it allows you to play in various colors.
Instead of serving food in a traditional buffet, why not place them on aesthetic vessels, tiered trays, and colorful bowls? You can also get a chocolate fountain, cheese warmer, s’mores maker, popcorn stand, or beverage fountain to match the theme of your event.
Aside from that, you can consider getting a mobile bar or a dessert table with all sorts of eye-catching sweets.
Overall, make sure that you observe proper food handling when creating these displays. We suggest that you partner with a reliable catering service to ensure the quality of the food you’re going to serve.
5. Aesthetic furniture
Furniture is very important for all events because it serves both a functional and aesthetic purpose.
For example, instead of plastic chairs, you can get stylish vintage chairs to add to the glamor of your setup. The same goes for your choice of tables, stage podiums, sofas, lounges, and other pieces that your event needs.
Overall, make sure that the color and style of your event furniture match your theme. You can choose to rent this to save money.
6. Table centerpieces
Table centerpieces are one of the quintessential decorations for events. It adds an elegant touch, which you can also use to enhance your event theme.
For centerpieces, you can be more creative by trying unconventional elements like a floral chandelier hanging over the table. You can also explore a mini succulent garden, floating candles, artistic sculptures, paper lanterns, and more.
Whatever you choose, make sure that the centerpiece won’t be bothersome for the guests. It shouldn’t block their view or consume too much table space. Above all, make sure that the centerpiece doesn’t have any overpowering odor and color.
7. Balloon installations
Whether it’s a birthday bash, wedding, or corporate event, balloon installations are a favorite decoration. It easily adds color to your venue, not to mention that they are easy to set up and tear down after the event.
For example, you can use balloon arches at the venue’s entrance to set the mood. You can also design balloon garlands, balloon sculptures, and mosaic balloons to be placed throughout your venue.
Nowadays, balloon decors are more than just the traditional inflatables. You can now find foil balloons that come in different shapes, sizes, and prints. It’s also easy to integrate into any event theme since balloons come in a variety of colors.
What to avoid when decorating your venue
When it comes to your event’s decoration, it’s easy to commit mistakes that could ruin the entire execution. So if you’re planning to try something new, you should also keep the following in mind:
- Don’t overdo it. As much as you’re excited to make your event look impressive, you shouldn’t crowd it with too many elements. Make sure that there’s still enough room for your guests to move around and ‘breathe’.
- Don’t neglect cohesion. All the decorations for events should tie up together, so they don’t look mismatched. For this, you should consider the colors, styles, and textures you’re going to choose.
- Don’t forget the scale. Oversized items may look out of place in your venue. Also, it may create an unnecessary focal point that will distract your guests.
- Don’t overlook safety. When picking your décor materials, make sure that they won’t cause hazards. For example, pick fire-retardant drapes and make sure hanging decors are installed properly.
- Don’t forget to test the setup. Just because it looks good doesn’t mean nothing can go wrong. Make sure that the decors are working as planned once other event elements are added.
- Don’t compromise the guest experience. Make sure that your event’s décor will not negatively affect your guest’s experience. Make sure that the decors don’t hinder comfort and interaction between your attendees.
Considerations when planning for event decoration
All set to plan your event’s decoration? Here are more reminders to make sure that your choice of decors will serve your event – and guests – well:
- Budget. Before you start thinking about event layout ideas, make sure you set a realistic budget first. This way, you can design your decors within your financial means. After all, you wouldn’t want to go over budget just because of decors.
- Event type. Not all decors match all types of events. For example, it’s not apt to place bright-colored balloon garlands on a very formal occasion.
- Event theme. All your decorations should match the theme of your event. Let it guide you in choosing the right colors, styles, and materials to use.
- Practicality. Decors should be practical as much as they are appealing. For example, adding an accent couch on your venue shouldn’t block the guests’ movements. Otherwise, you’re better off without that piece.
- Logistics. You should also consider the manpower, equipment, and time needed to set up your event decorations. Aside from that, you should factor it in on your event’s ingress/egress.
- Rental vs. purchase. Another thing you should think about is whether you’re going to rent or buy your decorations. If it’s expensive equipment like lighting or LED walls, audiovisual rentals will be a more cost-effective option.
- Guest demographics. One thing you should never overlook is your attendees’ demographics. Make sure you tailor your décor based on the guests’ age bracket, interests, and background.
Let’s level up your event!
At Rent For Event, we can make your decorative events shine even better. Our professional AV team can enhance your setup with our show-quality visual equipment that complements your theme. We will make your event look more professional, so your guests will be impressed.
We’ve done thousands of event productions, including for big names like Netflix, BET TV, CBS, TikTok, and more. Regardless if you have a big or small event, we will deliver the same quality equipment and service that we do with large companies.
So if you want to know more about how we can level up your event décor, feel free to contact us today!